Thursday 22 July 2010

I am feeling quite proud of myself lately.

I have been so productive and trust me it's a rarity!

 As you all know I have joined Jamie's 30 day shred challenge and to be honest there are times when I feel like giving up. It's so intense and me being silly decided I am up to more challenge and moved up to level 2. I was wrong. It has been two days now and I feel like a zombie. I am so terribly tired but I promised to push myself and not to give up. I seriously can't wait for the 30 days to be over!

I've got some good news to tell.

One of my cousins (the one who came to visit) just had a baby! He's a daddy to a baby girl named Rana. I am so happy for him and I can't wait to see his beautiful daughter this august. So I have been making baby Rana a pretty baby blanket. It's my first and I am happy how it's turning out.


more good news.

I applied for a diploma course in Art and Design at Birmingham City University and I got accepted! I am so thrilled! There were so many complications when I applied that I almost gave up. I had to do a portfolio on such short notice plus it was a first for me in doing so as well and when I didn't hear from the uni for a couple of months I panicked and rang them up. Apparently they didn't even receive it and I had to email them again last week. In the end all went well and I wasn't even required to do an interview.  

I want to take this opportunity to thank my fellow indie classmates and teachers for inspiring me to take up this course. Without you I wouldn't have had faith in myself to do go back to uni. I really appreciate the motivation you have given me when I felt down. I love you guys!

It's gonna be tough going back to studying though. I am pretty nervous about it cos the last time I did was when I was in uni almost a decade ago. Dunno how my brain's gonna handle it but I am sure I will be fine. I am so excited!





9 comments:

  1. Congrats on being accepted for the diploma course!! I hope that is really fun and exciting for you!
    The baby blanket is coming out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! Huge congrats on getting accepted!!! That blanket turned out BEAUTIFUL! You are so talented! I am awful at those things! And keep chugging along with the challenge! 30days will get there sooner than you think!! You go girl! <333

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on getting accepted! The baby blanket is adorable too! You are on a roll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry my 1st comment was typed all wacky. hope this is better. i remember months ago u tellin me bout how nervous u were w the art school & portfolio thing. well look at u now! the workout torture, ur bein so dedicated (glad someone is)& that baby blanket rocks! not 2 mention the baking milestones &.. ur exhausting me. but i'm pleased 4 U!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your baby blanket is the prettiest ever! The colors are so beautiful together!

    Huge congrats on getting accepted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. o gossh you baby blanket looks gorgeous. And i think it's gone be all right when you go back for school. I am so proud and happy for you my dear friend sal:).. keep all the good work and talk to you soon

    xoxo
    samia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sal all of this is so great! :) The baby blanket is SO pretty, they're going to love it! I can't believe it's your first! You did such an amazing job. And CONGRATS on getting into the course. And for not even having to do an interview! That's awesome, they must have really loved your stuff! :)

    Oh as for me & the 30 Day Shred, haha I have missed a few days! Bummer. I think I'm going to turn mine into the 60 day shred! Haha. But that's awesome you've moved up to level 2. Level one is still freaking hard! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! And the baby blanket is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy and I am sure they make you happy too. Leave a link to your blog and I will drop by and say hello :) xx