Monday 3 May 2010

Chocolate Cake Recipe




Sorry I thought it was a bit rude not to share the recipe after showing off my awesome cake.


So here goes.


100g butter
250ml milk
185g flour
1tsp baking powder
1tbsp cocoa
185g sugar
1tbsp golden syrup
1tsp bicarbonate of soda


For the Icing
It's just basically icing sugar and a bit of water. It's up to you on how much you would like it. You can try using buttercream icing. I think it would be tastier. I have never tried it personally but I don't think you can go wrong with buttercream! Do let me know if you decide to give it a try :)


Method:
Pre heat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
Heat butter with half of the milk in a saucepan to melt.
Mix flour and cocoa sieved into a bowl
Stir in sugar and golden syrup
Stir in milk and butter mixture
Add bicarbonate of soda into remaining milk and add into the above mixture.


Bake for 30mins.


Let cool for an hour or so.
Then add icing.


Leave it for a while to let the icing set.


And then you wait. (This is the hardest part)


A few hours later (yes. it's that long *sigh*) and it's ready to be eaten! Yeay!


It's pretty straight-forward right?


Happy trying! Let me know if you like it or not :) Don't worry it's not a secret family recipe or anything like that, I won't be mad if you think it's rubbish lol


Also I just wanna say; it's my mum's birthday today! 


I rang her this morning to wish her and she was pretty excited cos they were all on their way out for her birthday dinner. Wish I was there to spend it with her. Ah well, maybe next year...

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word, looks delish! Yum yum yum! And your plates are so cute too.

    No, I won't be in the UK anytime soon unfortunately. Taking a plane home through there is way too risky right now when I can just as easly zip through Japan. Maybe one day our jet-setting paths will cross, sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. like your new blog background (-:

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy and I am sure they make you happy too. Leave a link to your blog and I will drop by and say hello :) xx